Job Title: co-Chief Investment Officer, Financial Advisor
Designations: CFP®, CFA
Office: Tinley Park
Drawing on a decade of experience in financial services, Rafia Hasan’s personal mission is to help ensure her clients’ financial plan and investments work in tandem to help them achieve their personal objectives and goals.
As an advisor, Rafia uses her vast knowledge of financial markets to deliver a comprehensive wealth management approach, one that helps her clients gain a deeper understanding of their overall financial plan. She is a holder of the right to use the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
"What drives me is helping my clients rest easy by knowing their financial lives are being handled by someone who understands their goals and has their best interests in mind."
- Rafia Hasan
Prior to joining Wipfli Hewins, Rafia shaped her approach to financial advising at The Cogent Advisor, a boutique wealth management firm based in Chicago. In this role, she oversaw portfolio management and conducted holistic planning for high-net-worth clients, collaborating with CPAs, estate attorneys and life insurance professionals to help manage all aspects of clients’ financial lives.
Rafia also cultivated a keen knowledge of capital markets and investment management through her tenure at Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA), where she consulted with advisors on portfolio construction and helped develop asset allocations. It was here that Rafia honed her ability to effectively communicate complex financial ideas and methods, making her an invaluable resource. She also brings her knowledge and expertise to the Hewins Investment Committee as Co-CIO and is helping to develop policy related to private market investments.
Outside of her work at Wipfli Hewins, Rafia enjoys spending time with her husband and three daughters as well as traveling, gardening and yoga.
A Career in Investment Management & Financial Planning
- Director of Investments, Hewins Financial Advisors, LLC
- Financial Advisor, Hewins Financial Advisors, LLC
- Advisor, The Cogent Advisor
- Senior Associate in Financial Advisor Services, Dimensional Fund Advisors
- Risk Analyst, Commercial Banking Group, Citibank - Emerging Markets Corporate Bank
- Analyst, Private Funds Group, Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Ltd. - Alternative Investments Division
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, in Economics with a minor in Mathematics from Wellesley College
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) from the McCombs School of Business, The University of Texas at Austin
- Certifications: Certified Financial Planner™, Chartered Financial Analyst