Job Title: Chief Compliance Officer
Trusted advisor. Operations specialist. Dedicated client service provider. Gennady Bekasov has worn his fair share of hats since making his foray into the financial services industry nearly 15 years ago. Though he may not have realized it at the time, the versatility and skill that allowed him to succeed in each of these roles would lay the foundation for his future as the leader of Hewins Financial | Wipfli Hewins’ robust compliance program.
"I love when our advisors reach out with questions. I always try to collaborate and find a solution aligned with our clients’ best interests and our firm’s core values."
- Gennady Bekasov, MBA
It’s a responsibility that Gennady is proud to uphold with integrity, motivated by one goal: to protect our clients, their families and their futures against current and emerging risks, and ensure that ethical, honorable practices are woven in the fabric of everything we do as a firm.
A dynamic forward-thinker with a keen eye on the ever-evolving regulatory landscape, Gennady takes great care to ensure our firm’s policies and procedures are compliant with applicable local, state and federal laws and third-party guidelines. He is also conscientious about empowering our advisors with the education and information they need to be well-versed in our compliance program, translating complex regulatory details into a clear, solid framework that our teams can digest, understand and put into practice.
It’s only fitting that Gennady’s professional journey has led him into compliance, as transparency, honesty and stewardship are inherent in every aspect of his work as CCO. “I love when our advisors reach out with questions,” he says. “I always try to collaborate and find a solution aligned with our clients’ best interests and our firm’s core values.”
A Career in Regulatory Compliance and Ethics
- Chief Compliance Officer, Hewins Financial | Wipfli Hewins
- Registered Principal and Director of Compliance, Baker Tilly Capital
- Senior Compliance Manager, CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors
- Chief Compliance Officer, Clifton Gunderson Wealth Advisors
- National Society of Compliance Professionals (NCSP)
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) with a concentration in Finance from the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in English and French with a concentration in Translation and Interpreting from Saint Petersburg State University, Russian Federation