Benjamin Hayes joined Wipfli Hewins in 2009 as an Associate Consultant and CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, later becoming a Consultant in 2012 and a Principal in 2014. With a background in personal financial planning, he helps his clients prepare for future uncertainties in their financial lives, focusing on retirement and risk management considerations.
"I work with my clients to be proactive about planning for their future. We avoid focusing on short-term market ups and downs, and instead focus on what we can control – planning for retirement and making wise, disciplined investment decisions."
- Benjamin Hayes
Benjamin works with his clients to develop and implement an investment management approach designed with their unique personal objectives in mind. He helps to ensure that the management of investment assets works in concert with his client’s financial plan. Benjamin also coordinates his financial planning recommendations with the client's accountant and estate planning attorney to provide a seamless, well thought-out strategy to help his client towards his or her financial goals.
"I often have individuals and families ask me for investment advice, but when we get to the meeting I realize that their financial situation is in disarray, and investment advice is far down the list of important action items. There is no greater satisfaction than working with a family and taking them step-by-step through the financial planning process. Often for the first time my clients understand what they should be doing and more importantly, why they are doing it."
Throughout the planning process, Benjamin focuses on educating his clients about how behavioral biases and investor emotions impact investment decision making and in the long run investment returns. This educational process provides clients the proper context for making well-informed decisions regarding their investment portfolios.
Prior to joining Wipfli Hewins, Benjamin worked for two years as a Financial Planning Assistant for a financial planning practice and for one year as a Financial Advisor in the insurance/brokerage industry.
While out of the office Benjamin enjoys competing in triathlons and spending time with his family. Benjamin and his wife Kelly reside in Green Bay.
A Career in Financial Planning and Investment Management
- Principal, Wipfli Hewins Investment Advisors, LLC
- Consultant, Wipfli Hewins Investment Advisors, LLC
- Senior Associate Consultant, Wipfli Hewins Investment Advisors, LLC
- Associate Consultant, Wipfli Hewins Investment Advisors, LLC
- Financial Planning Assistant, Wealth Management LLC
- Para-Planner/Financial Advisor, MassMutual Strategic Wealth Management Group
- Bachelor of Science in Consumer Science, Personal Finance from the University of Wisconsin – Madison
- M.B.A. from the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh
- CFP® Certificant, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.